A. Pool game format
- Each team will be placed in a group of six teams.
- Each team will play 5 games in Pool Play (two 40-minute games on Friday and three 40-minute games on Saturday).
- There will be no extra time in Pool Play. Games tied after regulation will count as such.
- A guaranteed sixth game will be played on Sunday morning.
- Each team must have an official roster with numbers and a waiver signed prior to playing in games.
- Games will be officiated by a two-man system of OHSAA licensed referees.
B. Point system
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- Goals For (GF) vs. Goals Against (GA) variable point system.
C. adidas Cup Series Semi-Finals
- Each team in a pool of six will be placed 1 thru 6 based on the point system first.
- If any teams are tied in points they will then be placed based upon head to head competition in Pool Play, i.e. if team (a) is tied with team (b), and team (a) beat team (b) in pool play, then team (a) will be placed ahead of team (b).
- If teams are still tied the ratio of Goals For vs. Goals Against will decide.
- If teams are still tied, coaches will meet and a coin flip will decide placement (do not leave it up to chance).
- Teams will be divided after pool play into 3 separate Semi-Final groupings.
- Gold cup will involve the top 1st and 2nd teams from each pool.
- Silver cup will involve the 3rd and 4th ranked team from each pool.
- Bronze cup will involve the 5th and 6th ranked team from each pool.
- The #1 ranked team of pool (a) will play the #2 team of pool (b), and the #2 ranked team of pool (a) will play the #1 ranked team of pool (b). This will be a 40-minute game. If teams are tied after 40 minutes, teams will immediately go to a sudden death penalty kicks on a field to be assigned.
- Silver cup will follow the same groupings (#3 plays #4). Bronze Cup follows the same rules with #5 vs. #6.
- Sudden death penalty kicks means just that. A coin toss by the referee with each team’s captain will determine who goes first. You could go one round only and the winner will be determined. You must use all 11 players on your roster once prior to using a player a second time.
- All teams making the finals will receive a champion or finalist adidas Cup Series shirt.
- Championship teams (Gold, Silver and Bronze) will receive the prized adidas Cup.
OHSAA (Ohio High School Athletic Association) rules apply to all games with the Red card exception—Any player, coach, or parent receiving a Red card will be eliminated from the remainder of the adidas Cup Series. Any disputes will be adjudicated by the Referee Assignor, the adidas Cup Series Coordinator and the adidas National Soccer Showcase Director.